National Palace Museum Department of Education, Exhibition and Information Services
1. 沈周 / Shen Zhou 沈周同時是明代寫意花鳥畫風的開創者，他承繼南宋水墨蔬果花卉傳統，強調淋漓水墨，用筆瀟灑自在，且擅長觀物生趣，凡日常所見皆能隨筆賦形，物象生動新穎。沈周題詩又多富寓意，詩畫相互輝映，展現出文人的藝術精詣。
2. 文徵明 / Wen Zhengming 文徵明水墨與設色兼長，他的水墨畫在層次豐富的濃墨、淡墨巧妙配置下，產生幽深的效果。設色作品，則在青綠敷色上，融合淺絳法，以水墨為骨，石青、石綠、赭石相襯，清麗典雅，表現樹石蒼翠欲滴的生意。
3. 象牙球 / Qing dynasty 雕刻工藝，歷史悠遠，無論是陰刻、浮雕、鏤雕乃至圓雕等技法，皆常用來裝飾，或製作生活器用以及賞玩擺設。材質運用廣泛，舉凡金、玉、石、木、竹、牙、骨、角等，皆可雕鏤。裝飾題材上，不僅有吉祥寓意、歷史典故及神話傳說等圖像，並結合傳統式樣與時代風格，呈現豐富多樣的面貌。
4. 翠玉白菜/ jadeite cabbage 「清 翠玉白菜」原是塊半白半綠的翠玉，若琢成一般瓶罐鐲珮，則將會因為其裂璺、斑塊，而被視為多瑕的劣材。但玉工想到白菜的造型－綠成菜葉；白是菜梗，裂璺藏在葉脈中，斑塊則為經霜痕，眾人眼中的缺陷，透過創作者的用心與創意，遂轉化為真實與美好。
1.Shen Zhou was also a Ming dynasty pioneer of painting birds and flowers in the sketching ideas manner. Following in the Southern Song tradition of depicting fruits, flowers, and vegetables in monochrome ink, he emphasized the moist and fluid quality of ink and used brushwork both casual and unrestrained. He excelled at observing aspects of nature, even incorporating things in everyday life as subject matter in his painting, using a lively and novel approach to render them. The poetic inscriptions by Shen Zhou on his paintings are also full of meaning, revealing him to be a master of the "Three Perfections" and an embodiment of literati artistic achievement.
2. Wen Zhengming was skilled in the use of both ink and colors. His monochrome paintings, with their skillful arrangements of dark, light, and ephemeral ink tones, yield an effect of serenity and depth. In terms of coloring, Wen applied the light ochre technique in his blue-and-green style of painting. With ink as a foundation, he applied complementary shades of mineral blue, green, and ochre to express a pure and elegant classicism that suggests the vitality of lush and verdant scenery.
3.The art of carving bears witness to not only a long history but also a variety of techniques, such as engraving, relief carving, openwork carving, and sculpting in the round. All have been used to decorate objects for daily life or display and appreciation. The materials also vary widely, including metal, jade, stone, wood, bamboo, ivory, bone, and horn, each of which can be carved. In terms of decorative subject matter, there are images related to auspicious symbols, historical allusions, and myths and legends.
4.This jadeite, part green and part white, which is now a wonderful Chinese cabbage, would be considered mere second-rate material full of impurities if it was to be made into usual vases, jars, or ornaments, because of the cracks and blemishes that came with it. However, the artisan ingeniously transformed the rock into a lifelike vegetable of leafy green and white stems, with all unappealing rifts now hidden invisible amid the veins. And the discolored spots take on the marks of snow and frost. So with a stroke of genius, defects turn perfect. Beauty is in the detail and creativity works wonder.